- Books Books Books
Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater
- Quick Quote
Materials: white or light colored t-shirt, Sharpie pens, rubbing alcohol, plastic cup.
- Smooth a section of the shirt over your plastic cup. You can secure it with a rubber band if you want.
- Dot a Sharpie to form a circle in the center of the area formed by the cup. You are aiming for a dotted ring about 1″ in diameter. You can use more than one color.
- Drip rubbing alcohol on the blank center of the circle After a few drops, you will see the alcohol spread outward from the center of the ring, taking the Sharpie ink with it.
- Allow a couple of minutes for the alcohol to evaporate before moving on to a clean section of the shirt.
- It doesn’t have to be a circle. You can make stars, triangles, squares, lines… be creative!
- After your shirt is completely dry (alcohol is flammable, so don’t use heat on a damp shirt), set the colors by tumbling the shirt in a hot clothes dryer for ~15 minutes.
Check out this blog for a full tutorial: http://blog.sharpie.com/2008/11/sharpie-to-tie-dye-for/