Job Search Assistance
Ritter Public Library regularly offers valuable assistance for your job search:
- Computer classes including basic computer, using the Internet, Microsoft Office programs, email and other special topics
- One-on-one computer instruction, by appointment
- Online research resources including Reference USA and LearningExpressLibrary
- Mango Languages online language learning program
- Free Internet-access computers loaded with Microsoft Office programs, wireless Internet access and laptops to lend out
- Wireless printing, color printing, fax and scanner
- Special programs on interviewing, resume writing and cover letters. Click on the calendar for details or call 967-3798.
- Printed materials on job searching, resumes, cover letters, interviews and starting your own business.
Find Help in Tough Times
Looking for help during these tough economic times? The State Library of Ohio understands that this is a challenging time for all residents of our great state. This center provides help in finding important information and resources. Each area contains a list of links to online resources.
Whatever your goal, LearningExpress Library’s resources will help you succeed. Brought to you by Ritter Public Library, each of our Learning Centers offers the practice tests, exercises, skill-building courses, and information you need to achieve the results you want-at school, at work, or in life. Looking to land a job? You’ll find an entire Learning Center dedicated to helping you get the one that’s right for you.
The Employment Network
The Employment netWork, Lorain County’s One-Stop system, is a partnership of local agencies and organizations that deliver a comprehensive system of high quality, customer-friendly services designed to meet your education, training, employment or supportive services needs. The Employment netWork offers services for employers and job-seekers.
Ohio Means Jobs
For job seekers, this website that allows you to search all electronic job opportunities which include Ohio employers, national commercial job boards and niche industries. Let all Ohio employers find you today by taking the opportunity to post your resume for free.
For employers, this site is a window for employers to look for Ohio-based talent, post job opportunities, and integrate employment events into a single, cost free point of contact.
Ohio Here to Help
Provided by Ohio Department of Job and Family Services, this site offers assistance with money, food, housing, health care, education and training, and more.
Ohio Hiring Management System
This site is the State of Ohio’s career opportunity page. It contains information such as available jobs and how to apply, civil service examinations, interviewing skills, and resume tips.
North Coast Jobs
Sponsored by the Erie County Department of Job and Family Services, 5500 Milan Road, Park Place Plaza, Sandusky, (419-624-6451), this organization provides assistance for job seekers, such as resume and interviewing assistance, as well as career assessment. The agency also provides computer access, fax machine, and mailing services to customers who are conducting job searches and creating resumes. All of their services are provided free of charge.
Ohio Department of Job and Family Services
This site contains resources for job seekers, general information about unemployment compensation, and information about unemployment claims.